Here is a little sneak preview of things you need to know to be a jogger...
Jogging for beginners is a 6 week challenge!
Things you will know:
- How to start jogging
- What to do the first week
- How to find out what week you fit into
- You will have planned when you are going to jog each week.
- You need to stretch 5 to 10 minutes into you walk warm up and for 15 minutes after your workout.
- 3 great stretches.
- Walk a whole week before, so that you have the pre-week to get used to moving.
- Find time on your calender every Sunday, put in your best hour and plan when you will work-out for the week!
- Health Check up!
- Join My Newsletter!
- Purchase 5K Training for Beginners
( The week you start jogging.)
- warm up and walk for 10 minutes / stretch
- Walk for 2 minutes pick up your pace to a jog for 1 minute - Continue doing this back and forth for up to 30 minutes
- cool down and walk for 10 minutes.
- cool down and Stretch 15 minutes. Stretching prevents injuries.
- If you feel any pain, walk or do slow running until you've recovered and go back up to a comfortable pace.
- Your total workout is about 45 minutes.
"Think of jogging like going through a fast moving river... You just have to get across that river... Your life depends on it.
Your second week of the 6 weeks of jogging is going to feel like getting across a fast moving river. You will struggle, you will want to give up, but you will trudge ahead and smash through the hardest part of the current. Once you've reached 4 weeks into the program, it's easier. You will be over half way across that imaginary river and the current will be weak. You are now a true runner and almost to the other side of the river!
Are YOU Already active and can jog for 10 minutes?
running goal is still to run 30 minutes!
This is how it will look:
- Run for 10 minutes / 1 minute break for 30 minutes.
- Next week run for15 minutes / 1 minute break
- The next week 20 minutes / 1 minute break
- You should be able to run a full 30 minutes by the 4th week.
- If not, keep increasing you time running by 5 minutes each week until you've reached 30 minutes.
There are people who race the run/walk way and even do marathons run/walking!
Sign up so you can learn more about Running!
Wii Running Games
Training for a 5K Program
Shoes For You
Post a Comment