|picture credit - Sherise - Unsplash|
List from worst to best...
A continuous rubbing of the skin in an area during running can cause a burning sensation and red rash.
Places on the skin where you sweat, stay moist and have friction are the worst!
The nipple area, underarm areas, feet and anywhere where skin rubs to close to skin.
Prevention of Chafing
- Dehydration can cause sweating which causes chafing, so the remedy to hydrate by drinking plenty of water, 1 or 2 glasses of water an hour before going for a walk or run.
- Pour powder into the folded part of a tissue and fold close the ends and use as a powder puffer.
- Vaseline apply thinly to skin area that rub, and in skin folds.
- dab olive oil on the areas.
- Body Glide applied thinly.
- Wear less abrasive clothing nylon and some combinations of synthetic clothing can be the worst. If you have to wear this clothing protect the areas with compression pants or tights. A synthetic bra with no seams or seams that are not in prone areas and that are not bunched, but rolled seamed edges.
- moisture-wicking fabrics such as Coolmax and Drifit is Dri-FIT, 45% polyester/39% nylon/16% spandex jerseys are the best materials. 100% cotton stays wet and can promote chafing.
Please leave a comment in the section below what remedies you use for preventing chafing.