Sometimes I can become completely frustrated with things in my life and I just sit thinking to myself of all the things I wish I had...
- I wish I was skinny.
- I wish I could run faster.
- I wish I had a lot of money.
You are so conditioned to having that, 'wish thought' - you sometimes forget to move forward and believe in yourself and allowing yourself to just 'do'.
To become a walker, a run/walker to a runner, you need to have a great plan so that you can honestly fit these activities in your life. Once you have that plan made, then you have to find a plan that is at your level. So if you are a walker and want to be a runner, you have to follow the learn to run stages to get there. If you jump ahead, those stages are gone and your motivation is lost.
Believe in Yourself
"It's not something that happens overnight, it happens by implementing steps. Nothing will change in your life unless you keep going and believe in yourself every step of the way!"
What Keeps You Motivated?
- Believing in yourself.
- Knowing that you have a good plan for exercise and diet. Learn to Run
- Having a positive vision for looking better.
- Having a positive feeling for feeling better.
- Keeping a positive attitude when you are struggling.
- Progressing at your own pace.
- Monitoring plans on a regular basis so that you have room for change if needed.
- Keeping a journal or daily diary so you can monitor changes and keep track.
A nice little motivational tool is to get a picture of yourself when you where fit or a picture of someone who you would love to be as fit as and put it at the front of your journal, the fridge, your closet. This will remind you of why you have the goal you are seeking.
Really most of us run in the beginning not because we want to, but because we feel we need to. I promise you, if you are enjoying the program you are doing it right. Eventually walkers become runners and end up loving it! NOW they run because they want to.
Believe in Yourself !
How to Stay Running
Running For Beginners
Jago Holmes The couch to -5K
Post a Comment