Because... You have to start slow!Running will be hard if you think you can run like a kid!
If you start with this mind set, you'll quit before you get to see the great results running has for YOU!
Why can't I run like I used to?
Your body at a cellular level needs to learn to run. This includes your lungs, bones, ligaments, heart and muscles. It all runs very deep!
To get good at anything, you have to cut through the uncomfortable!
This is the same in almost anything new in life.
Runners who haven't run in a long time, have to pass a point of hard before magical moments start to happen and then your body starts to get used to running.The biggest problem is...
Many of you quit running when you're just about at the tip of getting good at it!
- it's hard.
- you've stopped following scheduled runs.
- you get an injury.
- you haven't seen any improvements yet.
ONCE your passed the point of no return...
Running becomes something You never knew could be soooo wonderful!
Then You start to see your very own successes ...
- more energy
- increased muscle tone all over
- able to run longer distances
- Loving yourself
- running for the joy of running for the rest of your life!
Maybe you'll even reach for goals you never thought attainable like...
- 2 to 5K races!
- half marathons!
- full marathons!
If you are having a hard time getting into running, take a deep...deep...deep breath and let it out slowly and put a picture in your head of what you want to look like. Picture what you want for yourself...
When you feel like quitting and running gets hard - you'll have that focused vision on your mind.
That's all it takes to get you going ...
After six weeks you'll be running for 20 to 30 minutes.
There will be some hard days, but nothing compared to the beginning.
If you're having problems with goals, get yourself started and start by going for a walk today...
- Go for a walk for an half hour.
- Find a line of trees, a couple of telephone poles, driveways etc and run until you get past at least 2 of them.
- Don't run fast - just run so you are able to sing or chant a verse.
- The next day, walk that same path and do it again.
Now sign up and receive a 6 week program
Please contact me if you need more motivation and help!
Related Articles: When You Don't Want to Go For a Run