A Good Tip for a New Runner!Use a tape measure to track body measurements and you will see changes in your weight while tracking the numbers during your weight loss.
Places to start your measurements:
The most common area to start your measurements--- so we will start here.
Always measure with the tape measure loosely around the area that you are measuring; do not squeeze it tight. Wrap the tape measure so that your skin isn't pinched around the smallest part of your waist.
Have the tape measure wrapping around the largest part of your bottom (gluteus maximums) and extend the measurement around to the top of the thighbones.
Thighs- Measure the widest part of the thighs and then the widest part of the calves in the mid area of lower leg.
Measure the circumference from the center of your chest and around.
Arms: The widest part of the upper arm muscle and the widest part of the lower arm muscle.
Start your measurements now using a tape measure to track your body measurements!
Things to keep in mind when tracking your body measurements...
- You should measure in the morning and the same time of day for each measurement.
- About one hour after getting out of bed when your body has had a chance to wake up.
- Do not measure after exercise!
- Record your measurements every two weeks.
- Even though you may be tempted to measure more often, it is better to wait. Your body is going through amazing changes!
- Have a special diary to record all your measurements and compare your progress.
- Having a picture taken of yourself in your work out clothes after the measurements are done. This good way to track progress. Paste it in your diary.