- Have rest days, they are days to build muscle.
- Hydrate, drink 6 to 8oz glasses or more daily.
- Follow a good 'learn to run plan', Jago Holmes 5K Training for beginners
- Stretch before and after, it's best to stretch for at least 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.
- Only add 10% more mileage per week, every fourth week rest at your present mileage.
- Run with a friend to motivate you.
- Run only 3 or 4 days per week to keep you fresh.
- Alternate fast, slow and rest days during your training.
- Have the same day each week your long run day.
- Listen to your body when it hurts.
- Take a 3 day break if you are feeling stressed about running.
Investing Time in Exercising
Following Through to The End
Training For Running Faster
These are just some 5K running tips for beginners to keep note.
More to come soon.Wonder if you'll be the last to come in a race?