How about learning how to train for a 5K race?
It 's not that hard, as a matter of fact if you started training today, you could be running your first 5K in 6 weeks.
Here are a 5 things to prepare for...
"Learn to Run a 5K in 6 weeks"
1. Find a race in your area and sign up. Don't be afraid if you think you're not ready, because lots of 5K races involve walking. Make sure you look for a race that offers both.
2. Talk to your doctor first, so he/she can give you clearance on tackling this. Lots of people enter a exercise program without telling their doctor and then end up getting sidelined because of problems that could of been avoided. The doctor knows best! I especially recommend you get a check up if you are over 40 and have a history of health issues. Take a the 5K program and you and your doctor can customize the program for your health.
3. Check you running shoes and make sure they are not worn. Ask yourself some of these questions. How old are they? Do you use them just for running? Is it time to get a new pair? Running shoes that are old and worn will cause injuries.
4. Make a promise to yourself that you will maintain consistency. Write it down on a piece a paper and have it so you see it every day. X all the days you will run on a calender that use frequently. Tell friends and family what you plan to do.
5. Run with a partner or group to keep you motivated. Have another friend join in your journey and enter the race with you. The best part of running is being able to talk to someone about what you've accomplished and problems you need to change.
Please sign up for my newsletter and receive A Special Report on The Biggest Mistakes New Runners Make Plus your choice of 5K Pdf programs!