Running has great moments when you've been doing it for awhile, but getting started running again after an break or injury can be tough.
Here a 21 Tips to get back into running without the groan...
Motivate yourself to getting back to running ...
- Give yourself a week of planning before your start.
- Walk a week prior to your starting every day for an hour.
- Create your own journal just for running so that you can record everything for running.
- Check to see if your runners need to be replaced.
- Wear runners for your walks to check if they still still fit well.
- Go through running clothes and do away with clothes that chafed or are not running appropriate.
- Go to the running store and get a gait analysis.
- Purchase new running apparel if necessary.
- Ponder running goals and write them down in running journal.
- Set up a schedule that fits your life style.
- Schedule a doctors check up for a medical or to check on any old running injuries.
- Find inspirational videos that involve running to get yourself thinking of running.
- Think about the foods that will benefit you most for running.
- Think about the foods that you eat now and you could now change to reward running foods.
- Read about good posture while you run, so that you don't start a bad habit getting back to running.
- Map some good routes.
- Find a partner to run with.
- Be excited about starting a running program and seeing positive changes your health and life!